Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cars




CARS

HE DIDN’T EVEN LOOK

When I was sixteen, I crashed our brand new car into our family station wagon. I went to tell this to my father, who was lounging around a pool with the family. He calmed my tears and told me to not worry…“It is just a car,” ---- and then he didn’t even get up to go and look at the damage. He wanted to make extra sure that I knew I was more valuable to him than a car.

GLAD YOU WALKED THROUGH

One night I walked into the house after midnight, after crashing our brand-new car out on the freeway. I had fallen asleep, hit the guardrail and totaled our car.

I had hitch-hiked home in the snow with our new 3-week old daughter. When I walked in and told my husband what had happened, he said, “I am just glad you walked through that door.”

DON’T LET ME HEAR YOU

I was describing the car crash I had been in, that caused our car to be totaled. A woman, who overheard me, came up to me and said, “Don let me hear you talk about your car. Last summer, I fell asleep at the wheel, rolled our RV, and killed my 14- year old son. Don’t let me ever hear you talk about your car!”

In the midst of difficult situations it is important that we keep in mind what is most important.

No comments: