Sunday, August 21, 2011

Four Heavens


FOUR HEAVENS
ONE***The first time I heard the heartbeat of my first child…it is the most beautiful sound I have ever heard…ever…

TWO***Getting up in the middle of the night with a little one- when everyone else is asleep – to behold, in the silence, the miracle …

THREE***Waking up in the morning to realize that, one by one, five children have crawled in bed with me…the baby on one side---a child on the other side, one at my feet, above my head – and the last one on my tummy…no more room left….a morning to remember and treasure forever…

FOUR***Sewing, on a hot summer afternoon in Seattle, at the top of our spiral stairs, in a very small loft area…looking behind me and realizing that, one by one, eight of my children have gathered together behind me, occupied in various activities… because children just like to be by Mommy and Mommy just likes to be by her children…the gravitation of love…

1 comment:

Kate said...

Word. I miss those days so much. So many good times in that loft. Love you, Mom.